Sunday, September 29, 2013

Books and Bittersweet

Apart from stitching my other obsession is books if you haven't already guessed or don't know me well... From time to time I will drop in the latest book that has taken my eye. 

Working in a bookstore as I do it isn't hard to go into overwhelm with the number of titles that grace the shelves. In the last month we have been starting to receive some great titles - all in time for Christmas selling no doubt... 

Sometimes there isn't much that sparks my imagination but the last few weeks I have almost become comatose with choice - so much to read - so little time... I just loved the jacket on this one and couldn't help but peak inside...


The new book - 'Bittersweet' - written by Colleen McCullough has made its debut for October... It has been suggested that with this book Colleen has returned to the style which made her novel 'The Thorn Birds' so very popular. I must admit I am enjoying every word of 'Bittersweet' and I have fallen in love with each of its four main characters - Edda and Grace, Tufts and Kitty. Even conniving Maude holds her own fascination. I can already see that this will be my reading distraction and I can imagine I will be diving into it every chance I get... To sum it up in one word - delicious!!!!!

1 comment:

Lisa V said...

Hi Sharon, you left me a comment about my selling of the LHN Mystery Sampler Kit. I am selling it because the overall look of the piece was not something I saw myself wanting to complete, it just wasn't me. I have finished other LHN designs and had them framed, but this one just does not grab me anymore. I was signed up to receive it a part at a time and obviously didn't see the end result until part 3 came out. That is my only reason. There is nothing wrong with the fabric, threads or stitching and I can promise you that I do not sell anything that is damaged, dirty, broken etc. I regularly sell charts and fabric and have never had any complaints. This kit is all in perfect condition. Pls contact me back if you are still interested. Lisa V