Sunday, November 18, 2012

Just for fun...


I have put this block together with the idea of just having fun and playing with some stitch combinations... sharonb mentioned this link recently on her blog and I remember that I had made a copy of it last time she had shared it. The idea is to use some of the stitch combinations and use mainly embroidery to embellish it. Again the colours aren't true because I took the photo with my phone - I have 'framed' the block so you can get the idea and  I must admit that I have fallen a little for it - I love the spots and the blue ric rack on the red block and I love its clean lines. I am almost reluctant to stitch on it at all. A  'crazy' purist would spot a couple of errors I have made but this is my block so nothing is 'wrong'... right??? Anyway it is all in the name of fun and learning...

As much as I loved the colours for the  proposed block I showed you last weekend  I just wanted to relax a little and have a bit of fun stitching the next block as the last one was hard work all the way... I started by looking in my 'scrap' container and worked up from there...The spot material was from another project that I become disenchanted with and it had fallen by the wayside. However the material just fitted with all the brights which I had chosen... Now for the next job  - to choose the threads and stitches...

Until later, take care and keep those needles threaded

Sharon x

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

I'm so pleased that you are finding your mojo again, Sharon! I love this block (you know me and bright colours) and I can understand why you are reluctant to add any stitching to it :-)