Monday, March 5, 2012

CQ Journal 2012 February block...

fractured flower
...is finally finished... Despite coughing myself silly I was determined to draw the 'have completed' line on this one... I think that being ill for most of it's creation hasn't helped the creative juices flow...

What do I think of it...

There are some aspects I really like - there are a couple that look 'bitsy' but in the scheme of things it is another one marked off the list... Even looking at it now I see some things I would like to re- do. However for the moment I will leave well enough alone... I must however credit the drawn flower design to Helen Stubbings - who is an absolute whiz at using coloured pencils and fabric together... When you have a minute go over to her blog and see her wonderful work... I have loved this flower design since I first saw it in one of the craft magazines a couple of years back...It was part of a table runner design Helen had created - mine never made it to that stage :) But the design lent itself to the idea I had about 'breaking apart' or 'fracturing' a picture and then re forming it as part of a crazy block...

Now onto March's creation...

Until later take care

Sharon x x

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

Well done! And you had doubts about keeping up with this challenge...the secret is to enjoy what you are doing, and I can see you are doing just that :-)