Friday, January 13, 2012

CQJP 2012 - January "naked" Crazy Block

Finally!!! I have at last managed to get my January crazy block together... So without further ado here is the 'naked' block... As usual the idea I started off with is not what I ended up with...  The colour value is not quite true... The top left hand corner is more of a flesh and the top right hand corner is a clear red... And the bottom yellow is a more clear butter yellow and the smaller triangle is a deep forest green... However you get the general idea... A couple of seam lines showing through - they will be covered  so I am not too concerned. The dark block may need some tweaking too - at the moment it sort of 'hits' you in the eye.. Perhaps it needs to be toned down.. Hmmm - I guess I will sort it out as I go along... Now comes the fun part -  'dressing' the block with embroidery, buttons and bits...

For some 'eye candy' - have a look at the CQJP 2012 blog - amazing work from all over the world...

Until later, take care

Sharon x x

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

Nice work, Possum! I have my block sitting on the table, but as you will see on my blog I got sidetracked...I hope to at least make a start on embellishing tomorrow (Sunday) or next week sometime. I had planned to make a few blocks ahead of time, but library books got in the way. Lesson: stop borrowing books that have irresistible projects in them!