Friday, May 14, 2010

Opps...


... I forgot to tell show you my latest acquisition -because I was feeling miserable with my cold - (any excuse!) - I did a little retail therapy at Bustle and Bows in Surrey Hills. I spied with my little eye these lovelies - Cottage Garden Threads. I am a sucker for anything over dyed or variegated I might add, and because I was in a weakened state I succumbed to these... I love them all but I am especially taken with the one right at the bottom called Iris - when you see it close up you can see all the colours of a blue iris - from internal yellows to the external blues and all those shades in between... Just love it!!!! What am I going to use them for - lol - you know me - who knows... Of course I had to have a Brenda Ryan pattern to go along with them...

2 comments:

Judy S. said...

So which Brenda Ryan pattern did you get? Nothing like some new thread to improve your spirits and health. I've not seen this brand before but will start looking as the colors are beautiful.

Sharon said...

Hi Judy,

The pattern is what is under the threads - it is called 'Bonnets and Bows #5... I rather like the look of the little girl with her dolly... I am not sure if the threads are available outside Australia but I am sure they are available online... I have seen more and more local people using them and of course when my local needlework shop had them the temptation became too great... :))