Saturday, May 2, 2009

an ending...


... and a little hope...



As you can see I have finished the redwork piece - it doesn't look too bad now that I have ironed it - so into my finished box it will go... I am not sure what it will end up as ...

The hope block I have just started in the last couple of days... I would like to think I have this one finished by the time block 5 is released - I have five days...

As some of you know I work in a mainstream bookshop and of course I have lots and lots of books to catch my eye... These four - the temptation was too great to resist...











The first two I originally borrowed from the local library and I thought that they were were worth adding to my collection - the next couple were really just sheer indulgence... In all honesty I will probably never do anything out of either but they are nice to curl up with and browse through...

Meet me at Mike's has sold well - while we don't order heaps - the original 8 sold quickly - and we have restocked... I think the photos get me in as much as the projects. The book itself is well designed - with a front pocket containing the pattern sheets and the book part has a spiral spine for easy page turning and allows the book to be laid out flat while in use... The blog - by the same name- is also worth a look.

I have another couple in my sights but I do have to pull back abit as I may be dropping back a day from work ... Perhaps then I might actually get time to do something - I can live in hope...

Until next time...

Sharon xxx


*all book photos have been 'borrowed' from the web

3 comments:

Gina E. said...

Did you show me these recently? I think I remember two or three, but not the Meet Me At Mike's book. I've heard about that, and had a look at the website/blog. It's fascinating.

Anne S said...

Your redwork is absolutely gorgeous - love it! :) You'll have to give us a rundown of what W&S is like ... I really must go into the Sydney one one day! ;)

Trish Hunter said...

Hii!
Oh my gosh I can't believe you know Amanda! I messaged her straight away and she said she works with you! Such a small small world!
And Gina too!!
I laughed so hard at your auction story hahahah. What did he end up doing with the four figure item?

I love the redwork!
You have such a lovely blog :)