Friday, August 3, 2007

But then again this one...

This one is the winner... It was a variation on the pear3 but with the extra half wedged in between the full pear and the front half. This variation satisfies me for some reason - the overall design feels more complete. I like how one core leans back onto the darker area but also how they cross just to the side. For me that crossed area catches my eye and makes me look in a circular motion taking in the whole group rather than focusing on just the centre pear...

While I am running way behind I felt that leaving them awhile has helped me make some descisions about placement and what I want to see stitched. As late as one of the photocopies coming off the machine did I think 'that's the area I want to see heavily stitched.. Now some decisions on stitches to use.

This piece will be a work in progress as the class has moved on considerably - to the use of colour... I have already made my choice for the colour class - a piece by one of my favorite artists who uses colour to the maximum... I have always loved his work and when I saw this piece a number of years ago I thought how well it could cross over to a 'textile treatment'... Who??? Now that would be telling... But let us not stray now - back to the task at hand...

No comments: